Today was national Eat Like A Pig Day. Being patriotic, I celebrated the traditional way and ate a gut-busting (resulting in subsequent butt-gusting) quantity of food. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the holidays.
The day featured a larger than average breakfast, 2 buffet meals, and 3 desserts. Hell, let's break it down:
Breakfast (at home):
- 2 mugs of coffee
- Bagel with cream cheese and lox
- Remaining half of my daughter's bagel with cream cheese and lox (this garbage-style of eating where you clean the food from another's plate is especially pig-like and is entirely celebratory for national Eat Like A Pig Day)
Lunch (at fancy Sunday Brunch place):
- Eggs Benedict except with crabcake instead of ham (one egg)
- Prime rib
- Salmon (small piece)
- Half a dozen large shrimp
- A couple slices of cheese
- Bowl of seafood stew
- Leftover bacon from my daughter's plate (oink!)
- A small chocolate pastry
- Two chocolate covered strawberries
- A few slices of pineapple and some blueberries
- Cup of coffee
- A fig and some grapes (gotta watch my girlish figure)
- A slice of chocolate cake
Dinner (at mediocre salad buffet restaurant)
- Plate of salad, including lots of beans, veggies, and tofu
- Generous helping of chinese chicken salad
- Bowl of chicken noodle soup
- Ice cream cone
According to my calorie calculator, that comes to infinity plus one calories. I am the ugly American.
You know, it's only 8:30. I think I have room for a fourth dessert.
Such a good holiday.