Saturday, August 20, 2005

This is how I roll.

It's Saturday night and, as we all know, I'm a hep cat. Am I out clubbing? Am I partaking in one of San Francisco's hot new restaurants? No, sir, I am not. I am at the mall.

Technically speaking, I was at the mall. Now I'm at home blogging about it, which is probably the only thing more pathetic than being at the mall on a Saturday night.

Pimpin' ain't easy.

The highlight of my trip was playing hide and seek with my daughter amidst the clothing racks at a department store. She's not supposed to hide without informing us first, but she had wriggled into a rack of clothing without parental consent. I saw her feet sticking out below the skirt hemlines, so I quietly backed up to the rack and then let out a silent but deadly fart. She soon emerged from the rack.

My parenting skills are modest yet effective.

4 comments:

Leesa said...

You should write a book.

Mike said...

I've read a few crappy parenting books. No reason why I shouldn't add to the noise.

dulciana said...

Are you related to my husband?

Mike said...

Probably not. Genetically speaking, however, we do all share an appreciation for the humor inherent in flatulence. It's in our genes.