Friday, October 15, 2004

The kidlet....hmmm, upon typing the word "kidlet", I'm thinking that I don't really care for it. Sounds like a cut of meat, carved from the tenderest part of the child. Let's start over.

My daughter has been in kindergarten for about a month and a half now. There have been a couple of alarming developments.

First, she has become a total teacher's pet. She often comes home, beaming with pride, holding a "Good Note" from her teacher. These notes are given out when a child does something that the teacher deems worthy of reward. Unfortunately, these acts include things like telling other kids not to run in the hallway. It's just a matter of time before my daughter becomes a Hall Monitor, or gets beaten up by the other children. I'm not sure whether to teach her self-defense or start a pool on when the beatings begin. Parenting is hard.

Second, she's now becoming sassy. Some kid, or maybe all the kids, are teaching my baby girl to have a smart mouth. Of course, now that I'm writing about it, I can't for the life of me remember one of these precocious witticisms that she spews. Blogging is hard.

Third, one of my coworkers tells me that all good lists have three items. Lists are hard.

I phoned this one in. Sorry.

No comments: