Thursday, October 07, 2004

I go to sleep at night and I think of the Chicago Marathon. I wake up in the morning and I think about the Chicago Marathon. I am consumed with this.

Thankfully, I depart for Chicago tomorrow morning and the marathon is on Sunday. I feel like I've been training for this for about a year now. Last October I made the decision to try and qualify for the Boston Marathon and Chicago is a great place to do it. The weather is supposed to be cool and the course is flat, flat as a.... pancake? Crap, similes are not my forte. Anyway, it's really flat.

I'll be bringing my laptop with me, so expect nervous and adrenaline-fueled entries on Saturday. I'm thinking they'll be something like this:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH! Crap! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Must rest. Must eat pasta. Gah! Marathon tomorrow. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!"

It should be a hoot.

No comments: