Friday, June 18, 2004

First off, I would like to thank all zero of you that emailed me and requested a GMail account. I'm happy to report that I was able to supply all of you with what you requested. Makes me feel all warm and gurgly inside. Or perhaps that's just poor digestion.

Speaking of food....

We all have our pet peeves. Some people get road rage, other folks get their undies in a bunch over the situation in Iraq, and me? I go berserk when confronted with poorly constructed food items.

Pull a piece of pizza from the box and have the cheese and toppings slide off the piece? Grrrrrr! Makes me want to throw the pizza against the wall.

Bite into a sandwich only to have the between-the-bread stuff squirt out the back? AAAAAAAAAH! Kill sandwich! Kill sandwich!

Peel a hardboiled egg and have the bits of shell come off in teensy-weensy pieces, with little bits of the egg sticking to the shell? RARRRRR! Me want to squish puny egg in bare hand!! ME HATE EGG!!

I'm a bit baffled as to why structurally unsound food affects me so deeply. So far, I've restrained from actually hurling my food across the room or squishing it, but it's difficult. Perhaps I should ask my parents if I was tormented by too-clever food items at a young age.

So far my daughter shows no sign of this particular personality defect.

No comments: