Monday, February 05, 2007

My phone just rang. It was Rod the head hunter. We had this conversation:

Rod: Hi Mike, this is Rod blah blah.
Me: Hi Rod. I recognize your name from the numerous emails and phone calls I've received from you over the years.
Rod: Oh, well, I'm glad to hear that we're doing a good job keeping in touch with you. So, are you happy these days?
Me: I'm happy that I'm earning a decent salary and I get to work from home.
Rod: Work from home, huh? That's tough to beat.
Me: Yes, it is.
Rod: Well, what are you working on these days? Because I've been in touch with some small companies here in SF doing Web 2.0 work and some larger companies building interesting web applications in Java.
Me: I'm doing Web -3.5
Rod: ...
Me: That's a joke.
Rod: Oh, I know. That's very funny. *emits tiny laugh*
Me: If you're going to try and convince me that you thought it was funny, you have to try and laugh a lot sooner.
Rod: No no! It WAS funny. See, I mean everyone is talking about Web 2.0, but what does that even mean?
Me: Nice try, Rod.
Rob: Well, let's keep in touch. Do you have my contact information?
Me: All that I need, yes.

2 comments:

Neel Mehta said...

Heh heh. You said "Rod."

Mike said...

"Find the penis references" is always a fun game to play.