Our brains have a similar ability. It's trivial for most of us to, for example, instruct our legs to walk, while simultaneously chewing the hell out of a potentially distracting piece of Juicy Fruit gum. Mmmmmm, Juicy Fruit.
Doing one thing in the background isn't too hard, but this week I'm juggling more than I can handle. With Hank out of the house on her Vegas "business" trip, all of a sudden there are a zillion things about Daisy and our daily lives that I need to track. At any point in time I need to be aware of:
- Where's Daisy?!?!
- Do I have her allergy medicine nearby?
- Is she wearing sunscreen?
- Is she dressed right for the weather?
- How many minutes left until school starts, or ends, or until dinner, or bedtime,
- Is she keeping up on her homework?
- What am I going to feed her?
Anyway, I'm just venting. I'm sure that many people are much more busy than me, but most of them probably aren't as lazy as I am. That's what really kills me. Where's my lazing time? Apparently it's at 10:16pm.
On a how-do-you-like-them-apples note, Hank called tonight. She's out dancing, and probably not even chewing gum at the same time.