Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm so lame.

First, my arms are sore. They're sore from the 5 minutes of climbing I did yesterday. I am not a man. I am a wussy little nancy boy.

Also, the company that I turned down came back to me today with a counter offer. It was pretty good, but still less than I'm making at my current job. The notion of changing jobs for less money was one that I just couldn't stomach, regardless of the potential value of the stock. So, I turned them down. One day, when I'm standing around the virtual watercooler with my other programmer friends, and we're talking about Krugling this and Krugling that, I'll realize what a horrible mistake I have made this week. But then we'll do what programmers do (talk about Battlestar Galactica, reminisce about where we were when the Bubble popped, and play grab-ass), and I'll forget all about the stupid career and financial choices I've made in my life. A little grab-ass goes a long way.

No comments: