Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Mother In Law arrives tomorrow. This kind of woe-is-me comedy generally writes itself. Comedians all over the world salivate at the prospect of mining the mother-in-law quarry.

You never know what you're going to get in the Mother In Law sweepstakes. Generally you marry someone regardless of their family, so when it comes to the in-laws, you get what you get. Maybe you reap my-mother-in-law-is-soooo-overbearing comedy or perhaps you get blessed with some my-mother-in-law-kills-and-eats-puppies humor. It's really hard to lose this game.

I lost this game.

My mother in law is not the fountain of comedic material I had hoped for. She doesn't spew neuroses or incessantly nag us about our hygiene. She's an annoyingly decent person. She's pleasant, helps around the house, and is good company.

Don't expect funny blog posts this week. Blame my mother in law.

2 comments:

tinyhands said...

Not only is my ex-MiL nutty as a squirrel turd, she still talks to my mother on a regular basis. Merry Christmas to all.

Mike said...

"nutty as a squirrel turd". That's the simile of the day.

Bummer though that your nutty MIL is still part of your life. And having her in contact with your family is like having your spinach drip into your dessert. That's the metaphor of the moment.