Thursday, June 10, 2004

Well, it's been four days since the marathon and I'm still limping. There's progress on this front though.

Today, for the first time, I walked down stairs without grimacing. It still hurt, but I was able to hold my poker face. This is an important skill for reasons that elude me.

On Tuesday I had lunch with a friend who had also run the marathon. We both limped out of the restaurant like we had sticks up our rumps. Here in San Francisco, when two men walk like that, it tends to have a certain comedic connotation. If this had been a cheesy movie, a moustached and chap-wearing man (think Village People) would have come into the frame, made a noise like "Mmmmmmm" and winked into the camera. No such thing occurred. Apparently I'm still not in the movies. Weird.

No comments: