Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Back in June I wrote a couple of entries about my late friend, Steve Genard, who died back in 1992 but is still missed. Today, his mother was Googling around and she came across my blog entries and was touched by them. Considering that I wrote those entries specifically because I wanted Steve Genard to have a bigger presence on the web, this is extremely gratifying and heartwarming to me. Even more so than the post about picking my scabs.

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, the power of the web. Sure you've got your Amazons and your eBays and your giganticAsses.com, but today was powerful in a different way. Sometimes packets are warm and fuzzy. Considering that most of the people who get to my site are from searching for something like Jeff Stryker dildo taker, this is a welcome respite.

Also, Steve's mom, Marsha, alerted me to a documentary that is coming out soon called "No Limit" which is produced by Steve's sister, Susan. I believe I only met Susan once, but if she's half as brilliant and dramatically-minded as Steve, this will be worth seeing.

2 comments:

Leesa said...

Wow. That's great :) Little do you know sometimes that your words in your journal would mean so much to someone.

Mike said...

It really was great. I was feeling all warm and fuzzy for hours. I can assure you that this is not a normal state for me.